WordPress Master Project Process
The WPMPP is used to create most WordPress projects and includes 10 phases:
- Explore (we get to know each other)
- Engage (if we agree, we sign)
- Architect (configure app substrates)
- Provision (create servers for early user access)
- Design (create visuals)
- Develop C3L (build metadata handlers and DB tables)
- Import (insert starting content)
- Develop App (build user-facing features)
- Release (share with the world)
- Maintain (keep it safe, grow it strong)
Testing sub-phases are built into every implementation phase, starting with Architect and ending with Release. The Maintain phase includes recurring testing sub-phases.
This process is similar in coverage to many shorter processes that are well-liked in professional circles, but the more granular breakdown improves clarity, tracking, transparency, and user prep. Most of these phases (starting with Architect and ending with Develop App) allow overlapping and resequencing for more agile execution.